Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Mild Pulmonary Hypertension?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 susie54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:13 AM

I feel like I am spiraling downward lately.. My echo showed borderling pulmonary hypertension with RVSP of 33mmHG. Trace mitral insufficiency, mild tricuspid insufficiency.Are any of you here with pulmonary hypertension. I just feel like my lungs are vibrating and I can't do much without getting out of breath. Can you tell me you felt when you found out you were borderline and what treatments have worked for you. I am headed to the pulmonologist this morning. I hope to get help . Susie54

#2 LisaBulman

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:21 AM

Hi Susie,
I am so sorry about your hypertension diagnosis. I am going for my echo on Monday and am hoping for good results. Please let us know what the pulmonologist says.....

Lisa Bulman
(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator
(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager
(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide
(Retired) ISN Fundraiser
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

#3 Heidi

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:48 AM

Hi Susie,

I am sorry that you are now struggling with lung issues. No fun! I don't have any personal experience with that, so can not answer your question (but I am sure others will chime in). Please do let us know what you learn from the pulmonologist today.

Warm wishes,

#4 susie54

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:48 PM

Hi ,

Thanks for your responses. I went to the pulmonologist and he wants to run alot of tests to determine what exactly is going on but he made me feel better as he said this is borderline pulmonary hypertension and maybe getting on oxygen might help to deter it. He thinks my MCTD is really acting up and plaquenil will not be enough anymore. He is going to run the tests so it will be next week before all the results are in. I will let you know. If someone out there has been diagnosed with this or borderline , let me know what your RVSP was when you were diagnosed and what they treated you with . You are all the best. Susie54

#5 JG07

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:36 PM

I have pulmonary hyperinflation - I do not have hypertension at the moment - I am going for futher tests - I too am out of breath alll the time - I also have fibrosis on the outter lining of my lung This week has been a tough one - with trying to absorb all the info -