Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

New Member With Ls

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kasey

Kasey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:21 AM

Hi, my name is Kasey. I was diagnosed with non-genital LS when I was about 7. I didn't know much about it then, besides I had lots of white spots. As I aged they eventually turned into a tan color and started to fade. In the last year I have had new spots appear on my right leg, and I'm honestly a little freaked out. I did some research on LS and am so glad I found this forum. I've never met anyone with LS and since I don't have insurance, I have no one to talk to about this problem. I'm a little scared that it's going to just keep appearing until I'm covered. :(

#2 Heidi

Heidi

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:31 AM

Hi Kasey,

Welcome to the forums! I am glad you found us but sorry it is because of your illness. By LS I am assuming you mean Linear Scleroderma? If so, here is a link to information on linear scleroderma You will find information there on diagnosis, treatment, etc. I hope you find it helpful.

Again, welcome!

Warm wishes,
Heidi

#3 Kasey

Kasey

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:12 AM

Hi!! Thank you for the warm welcome. Actually, I have Lichen Sclerosus et Atrophicus. It doesn't bother me much, I just fear new break outs as I get older. It seemed like it was all just going to fade away after I hit puberty and the spots turned tan/brown. I guess that didn't last with the new spots on my leg. I just wish that there was more information on the disese.

#4 Heidi

Heidi

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:47 AM

Hi Kasey,

Sorry about the wrong assumption. I thought that Lichen Sclerosus et Atrophicus was another possibility of what you meant by LS. You are so correct in that there is very little information out there about it. Here is a link from our Sclero A to Z site that has a little bit of information Lichen Sclerosus et Atrophicus. I hope you find the information there helpful.

Warm wishes,
Heidi