Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Anita A: Sister of Systemic Scleroderma Patient

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LisaBulman

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:08 AM

My sister, Vicki, has systemic scleroderma. She has had a heart transplant and a kidney transplant. It has been amazing to our family the courage and stamina that she has through all that she has endured.

She was diagnosed sixteen years ago. She received her new heart ten years ago and is now beginning to have some heart problems with possible rejection. She has had one heart attack and is in congestive heart failure as we speak. My sister is in the hospital this evening.

I was looking for more information when I came across this site.

She has had a toe amputated and a finger amputated. She has also had bypass surgery on her foot to help with the blood flow. This is a horrible disease.

She suffers with Raynaud's disease and has esophagus problems along with dental problems too. She has to have a shot every day (blood thinner) for the rest of her life.

She is an amazing person with a wonderful attitude.

There are over 1,000 patient and caregiver storieson the main Sclero.org site. Over 300 of these stories are featured in the Voices of Sclerodermabook series. Submit your story here.
Lisa Bulman
(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator
(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager
(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide
(Retired) ISN Fundraiser
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)