Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Looking for a New Rheumatologist

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mollie

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:23 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm still looking for a new rheumatologist. I thought I found one but it just didn't work out (so disappointing). If anyone knows of someone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area I would be very grateful. Thank you.

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

Hi Mollie,

I'm sorry you had a disappointing doctor experience. I know what that's like, and I feel for you. Here's a hug to comfort you.

People can send you a PM if they know if a good rheumatologist in the Dallas Texas area. Other than that, you really need to get over to the Houston center as it is an outstanding world center for scleroderma and you just are not going to find a major center (which is what you need) in Dallas. There are only a few dozen really major scleroderma centers in the world, so many people need to travel out of state, often far out of state, for their expert care. Then the experts are very good at working with local rheumatologists so you don't need to be traveling back and forth all the time.

I know how much of a hassle it is to travel with illness, plus the expense, too. But if you can possibly manage it, I think you'll be just plain overjoyed you did it.
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.