Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Off Topic: Happy News

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 emmie

emmie

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:46 PM

Hi Friends,

Our youngest daughter, 26, and her fiance have moved their wedding date from Sept. 15 to May 26...Yikes!!!! No special reason, just decided they didn't need to have the big deal evening affair with a bunch of people so they are opting for a smaller affair with a morning ceremony and brunch reception. They have done things "out of order" so we are also planning for their daughter's (my sweet little grandaughter's) first birthday and baptism, a combined event, for the end of this month.

Bottom line, we're happy and excited. She will be a beautiful bride, he's a good guy, they're good parents (isn't that "funny" to already know) and somehow we'll pull it together for a wedding in less than 3 months!

xoxo emmie

#2 Patty

Patty

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:58 AM

OH I love hearing good news! Enjoy all the fun that planning a wedding can be and let them deal with the stress parts! Enjoy it all, you deserve it!

Hugs,
Patty
Hugs,
Patty

If Life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Limited scleroderma, Dermatomyositis. Diastolic Dysfunction, dysphagia, Fibro, restless leg. Lupus is a maybe.

#3 Heidi

Heidi

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:05 AM

Hi Emmie,

What happy news! I hope you enjoy your grandaughter's first birthday party/baptism at the end of this month (we just celebrated our grandson's 2nd birthday at the end of last month). They are such fun at this age.

And, I hope you have lots of fun helping your daughter plan her wedding! But, please don't overdo!

Congrats! and warm wishes,
Heidi

#4 nan

nan

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:31 AM

Emmie,
Congratulations! That will be many fun and exciting things for you to enjoy! Sit back and let others do the work.
Nan

#5 Bird Lady

Bird Lady

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:55 AM

Emmie What wonderful news, I'm so happy for you and your family
Birdmans Wife
Hugs for All,

Julie (Bird Lady)

#6 emmie

emmie

Senior Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:57 PM

Thanks, all. I'm the "reminder". I tell my daughter, "don't forget about blah blah blah" and "I can watch her for an hour while you run over there to do this and that". I know how to get my baby fix in--tee hee.

And you bet my goal is to try to take it easy so I have some energy left by the time May rolls around so I can actually make it to the festivities.

And Heidi, you hit the nail on the head. They are the best at these ages. Our grandson wil be 3 in June. He is an absolute riot. He and his parents are in FL this week. I guess the other evening they were at a small beach around sunset. He's just roaming the beach with his bucket. His folks told him to look at the sun as it was about to disappear. As soon as it was gone, he took it upon himself to announce to all up and down the beach that, "It's gone. The sun is gone. The sun is gone." I guess he had everyone laughing. I tell you, they are better for me than any of the chemicals I put in this body!!!

Sorry for the babbling, I'm just a proud grammie and a family gal at heart and a teacher who misses her 4 and 5 year olds!!!

xoxo emmie