Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

In Loving Memory Of Beryl Blatt

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 LisaBulman

LisaBulman

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:51 PM

The International Scleroderma Network thanks Gene and Shelley Ensz for their comprehensive donation to tackle scleroderma research, support, education and awareness in loving memory of Beryl Blatt. Posted 03-06-07. (Also see: ISN Donations in Loving Memory)

These items are posted in the ISN Newsroom. Check the Newsroom every day for the latest scleroderma medical and support information.
Lisa Bulman
(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator
(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager
(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide
(Retired) ISN Fundraiser
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

Beryl M. Blatt died Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at the age of 64 from complications related to scleroderma. Scleroderma is a rare, chronic autoimmune disease which afflicts an estimated 150,000 to 500,000 Americans, primarily females who are 30 to 50 years old at onset (International Scleroderma Network, www.scero.org, 2007). Scleroderma means "hard skin." This complex disease involves tightening and thickening of the skin, blood vessel damage, inflammation and immune system changes. Beryl suffered from this disease for 17 years.

Beryl was loved by many. She had childhood friends dating back to kindergarten. She was active with her alma mater, Von Steuben High School, and remained active with a dynamic group of friends from the school. She was a loving wife for 43 years, a mother of 2 and grandmother of 4. Beryl was also a trivia buff with knowledge in many areas including; pop culture, sports, entertainment and cooking. She had a passion for the Chicago White Sox and attended many games at the Old Comiskey Park.

Beryl had experience in several fields, including teaching, insurance and sports memorabilia; but her favorite role was that of a loving daycare provider for her grandson. She also worked with charity groups including Gmilas Chesed Organization.

A charity is being set up in Beryl’s honor to raise funds for scleroderma outreach, education and research. Donations are being collected in Beryl Blatt’s name by the International Scleroderma Network, 7455 France Ave So #266, Edina, MN 55435 USA or online at www.sclero.org. Read her obituary in the Chicago Tribune.

(Submitted by Chuck Blatt, Sclero Forums member and son of Beryl Blatt.)
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

#3 chuck7297

chuck7297

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 05:04 AM

Thank you for all of the support the ISN has provided. The funeral was yesterday and I said a few weords about my mom. I think this applies to many mom's out there.....

What does a mom mean to you?

To me mom means love.

The kind of love that you can’t get anywhere else.

The kind of love that only a mom can give.

Hugs, Kisses and a person to talk to.

The person you want to share your good news with and the bad.

The person who will cook for you what you need, even when you didn’t know you needed it.

A mom is a person, in fact, who’s cooking will always be what everyone else’s cooking has to live up to.

My mom meant all of these things to me and more.

My mom was always there for me with an encouraging word and a vote of confidence.

She was supportive in everyway.

She taught me how to cook and bake.

She even taught me how to drive.

But, she taught me the most important thing of all: live life as a friendly, warm, and loving person.

#4 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 05:24 AM

Thank you, Chuck. That is beautiful, and very loving. There's just nothing on earth that can replace a mom. My heart goes out to you, and your family.
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.