Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Bowel Problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sam

Sam

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:31 AM

Well the other night I was haivng problems with my bowels I would go but not enough to relieve the pressure. I was up most of that night. Well yesterday I had called to speak with my the nurse for my Gastro doctor. Well I had waited all day and no one called. So at 6:00 I had called the office to get the other number they give you to call the doctor on call. Lucky for me it was my gastro doctor. He said he ws sorry that no one responded back to me earlier, but he told me to go get an over the counter product.

Before he mentioned that he did ask me if I had tried anything I told him no I was afraid to because of what happen the last time. And that I wasn't sure what I could take because of the ulcerative colitis. Well I did go get some and now I feel so much better. The cramps are just awful and to go through this I would not wish on anyone. Sure I was up almost all night and still going but its better than just going a little bit and having cramps and the pressure.

I'm having pain on my left side again I know its from inflamation. I usually have it and it started back in 2003 when I had my last bout of having bowel problems but they couldn't find out why I was having pains in my left side. So I didn't mention ot to him. It is uncomfortable. Well that is my story.

I guess what I am saying is that somethimes we just don't know what to do for our selves that might can hurt us. How do you know what to take that is over the counter? I take alot of different kinds of medicine and it hard to know what won't hurt us or helps us. And its really stearing us in our face. LOL! Sam
Sam

#2 Guest_Sherrill_*

Guest_Sherrill_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:34 PM

Sam,

Have you tried acidophilus? It's mentioned under Bowel Dysfunction on sclero.org.

I take this frequently when I have bowel problems and find it helpful. It seems to normalize many of the bowel problems. You can take it in yogurt, or in capsule form, which is how I take it.

My sympathies to you! Bowel problems of one sort or another are common in scleroderma, but that doesn't make it any easier!

Warm hugs,

#3 nan

nan

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:48 PM

Sam,
We must be on the same cycle. I have been having the worst time lately. The pressure is incredible. It is scary because I don't really know what is safe to take either. I am on an antibiotic now for a sinus infection and am ok for now. Take care!
Nan

#4 ssakar

ssakar

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:53 AM

Sam,

I can totally relate. I ended up going to the emergency room last night. I was so impacted that I thought I was literally gona die.....the cramps and pressure - well, I can' even explain.

I ended up having 2 enema's.......YUCK!!!

I hope you are feeling better now.

Sakar

#5 JG07

JG07

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:26 AM

I had my procedures this morning - They stretched my esphogas - and did the colonoscopy - I have dismobilty - which I kind of figured - So I have to start on Zelnorm - I am still trying to be positive -The next big thing is my Pulmonology appt @ U.M Miami - on April 4 - With all my lung involvement - who knows what's next

#6 Heidi

Heidi

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:07 AM

Hi JG,

I am glad you are through with the procedure and all went well. I hope the stretching of your esophagus will help you a lot along with the zelnorm. Let us know how you find these things. And, good luck with your pulmonology appointment. You are in my thoughts.

Warm wishes,
Heidi

#7 Gi Gi

Gi Gi

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:13 AM

Hello Sam,

I am very truly sorry you are having this problem. :( It sounds terrible. Are you feeling any better now? B)
Your Friend,

Gi Gi

#8 Sam

Sam

Gold Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:04 AM

Yes I do feel alot better. Now I haven't gone since the other day but I know if I am passing gas that is a good thing. Sam
Sam