Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Pcp Appt.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Heidi

Heidi

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:29 AM

Hi Piper and Shelley,

My rheumatologist has described my UDCT as having a "whiff" of something, but nothing full blown. So, I am wondering if by describing your UDCT as "grumbling", he just meant that it isn't full blown anything, but just shows up as spurts or grumbles....not that you are a grumbler, but the disease grumbles and causes symptoms but isn't fully forthcoming. Just a thought....

Warm wishes,
Heidi

#22 Piper

Piper

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:12 PM

Hi Heidi and Shelley, Yes, I think that's exactly what he meant Heidi. I just wish he would give it a name. Do you know what I mean? Without that I sometimes feel like it's all in my head. I really believe that I fullfill the UCTD criteria as I have tons of symptoms and have had a positive ANA for the past 5 years. I keep developing new symptoms all the time but not enough to satisfy any specific disease critieria. Maybe now that he sees my hands curling he'll take it more seriously, and maybe not. :unsure: I try so hard to get on with my life and pretend that there's nothing wrong. I know that many of you have been in this spot before.
Thanks so much for your thoughts.
Hugs, Piper

#23 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 03:04 PM

Yeah, Piper...curling hands, that sure might be a clue. Perhaps it's way past time for you to see a scleroderma expert?

Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

#24 Piper

Piper

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:22 PM

I agree Shelley, it would be good to even see a rheumatologist again. lol
Hugs, Piper