Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Just A Funny Story To Share!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ErinF

ErinF

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:56 AM

Hi everyone! I thought I'd give you all a Friday funny to laugh at. My hands were really hurting when I got up this morning, so after I dropped my daughter off at school I stopped at the pharmacy to pick up some topical arthritis ointment, thinking maybe it would help a bit. So I buy it, get into my car and since they're hurting pretty bad, I put the stuff on right then and there. Now, I've never used this stuff before so I didn't know that this stuff is apparently quite dangerous....on the drive home, I rubbed my eyes. It was as if I had dropped acid into my eyes!!! I can't see a thing, so I pull over. I can't find anything in my car to wipe my eyes with except my gloves. Now, I happened to have a bottle of water in my car, so here I am, on the side of the road, pouring water in my eyes and on my face, wiping with my glove. If it wasn't so funny I surely would have cried. The cars going by must have thought this lady was absolutely nutso if they saw me. So when I finally am able to drive home and wash my face and put drops in my eyes, I take a look at the tube, which says in large bold letters on the back....Do not touch your eyes after applying without washing your hands first.

Yep, I feel pretty stupid :P

Have a great one!
ErinF

#2 Heidi

Heidi

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:48 AM

Hi Erin,

That sounds like something I would do!! Thanks for sharing and giving me a smile for the day. Hope your eyes are all better and it did some good for your hands.

Warm wishes,
Heidi

#3 kramer57

kramer57

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:04 AM

Hi Erin,
That was funny, in a painful kind of way! I hope your eyes are okay! My husband rubs some OTC cream (I wonder if it is the same kind you got) on my back 3 - 4 times a day and the other night he did the same thing as you - rubbed his eyes. Then he sat there wondering why his eyes were burning! After a couple minutes of tears streaming out his eyes he figured out that he forgot to wash his hands after putting the cream on me! :blink: I felt bad for him - and you! I hope there is no lasting damage! ;)
When we started using the cream we bought latex gloves to apply it with, but they cost $5 and didn't last long so we never bought more when they ran out.
I hope the cream helps your hands!
Karen