Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Painful Shoulders

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Helen

Helen

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:48 AM

Hi Everyone

I am coming down off Prednisone (from 50mg to 12.5 so far) and my shoulders are very painful. Has anyone had physio for their shoulders and does it help?
My sugar levels are also a bit high and my dr said I am heading towards diabetes. He has put me on a low fat, low sugar diet. He thinks it could be caused from the Prednisone. Has anyone else had this problem also?

Thanks for listening

Helen

#2 Gi Gi

Gi Gi

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:27 PM

Hi Helen,

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I do have a massage every few weeks to work on my upper back, shoulders and neck. It really helps me.
Your Friend,

Gi Gi

#3 rlbrussell

rlbrussell

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:54 PM

Prednisone helped with my pain a great deal but now that I am also coming off of it the pain is coming back. I have found PT really helpful in managing all of this. My therapist does heat and a lot of stretching with me. He is also a message therapist so he will also do some soft tissue work as well.
Rosa
Diffuse Sclero
dx Jan 2006

#4 nan

nan

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:39 PM

A friend of mine had to be on high doses of prednisone for her lungs. She developed diabetes because of that. I am sorry about your shoulders. Take Care!
Nan

#5 susie54

susie54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:43 AM

Hi Helen,

I have recently come off of a huge flare up that hit my shoulders for the first time with tendinitis. Time was the key and resting the shoulders from lifting, digging, anything that would rotate the shoulders. I did not do therapy but kept is moving gently so it would not freeze. Doctor did an MRI on left because it did not get better and it showed the inflammation on MRI> Cortisone shots helped in both shoulders and I have been on MOBIC for it. Hope you get better. If you find something that helps, tell me. SUsie54