Jump to content

Hang onto your hat: Sclero Forums Upgrade May 14-21, 2017!! The Forums will be offline for up to 4 days, and then will return with an entirely new look and feel.


Hi all.. trying to find a specialist or general practitioner in Perth, Western Australia..

gp specialist perth

  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jess91



  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Hi all.. trying to find a specialist or GP that will help with Scleroderma Symptoms in Perth, Western Australia.. Any recommendations plz :emoticon-dont-know:


Main issues at the moment,
Bad circulation in fingers,
Issue with eating properly.


:thank-you: :emoticons-thankyou:

#2 judyt


    Gold Member

  • ISN Support Specialists
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Location:Auckland, New Zealand

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:20 PM



Can't use your name because you forgot to sign your post.


Sorry you are having trouble finding someone in Perth to consult.   I live in Auckland so I can't give you first hand help but I hope that Robyn Sims might see your post and reply.    Robyn lives in Melbourne but is active in Scleroderma Australia and knows quite a lot of helpful facts.


Best of Luck


#3 Joelf


    Star Ruby Member

  • ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,909 posts
  • Location:West Sussex

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

Hi Jess91,


Welcome to these forums!


I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering with some very unpleasant symptoms, but you have come to the right place to get help and advice.


I've included a link to our page on Scleroderma specialists in Australia, which should be used in conjunction with our Guide to Finding a Scleroderma Expert. Unfortunately there doesn't  seem to be a Scleroderma specialist in Perth, but I've also included a link to the Scleroderma Australia and Scleroderma Victoria websites which I hope you'll find helpful.  We also have a page on Australian Scleroderma Support Groups.


I've also included links to our medical pages on Fatigue, Gastrointestinal Involvement and Vascular Involvement to give you some more information.


Now that you've found our forums and joined our community, I hope that you will continue posting and let us know how you're faring.


Kind regards,

Jo Frowde
ISN Assistant Webmaster
SD World Webmaster
ISN Sclero Forums Manager
ISN News Manager
ISN Hotline Support Specialist
ISN Chat Host
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

#4 Amanda Thorpe

Amanda Thorpe

    Platinum Plus Member

  • ISN Senior Support Specialist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts
  • Location:U.K.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

Hello Jess


I just wanted to join in the welcome and hope you find a specialist soon.


Take care.

Amanda Thorpe
ISN Sclero Forums Senior Support Specialist
ISN Video Presentations Manager
ISN Blogger

(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager

(Retired) ISN Email Support Specialist
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

#5 Jessiere88



  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

Hi Jess91,


My name is Jess too, and I also live in Australia, but over the other side, in Queensland. There are a few specialist over here. I have seen them all over time. I don't really know what services are available over in Western Australia, but would be happy to chat with you about any issues you have. I've had scleroderma for a relatively long time now, 10yrs, and I have learned a lot over the years through many experiences. I understand your frustration in needing to find a doctor. My family moved from a small town to a bigger city to be near specialists before I managed to get a diagnosis. Scleroderma specialists are few and far between, but when you find a good one they can in invaluable.


So good luck in your search, but remember you will also gain a wealth of knowledge from here, where there are others who have been in exactly the same situation. Hope to talk to you soon. Jess xx

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gp, specialist, perth