Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Plaquenil

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Lil Dee

Lil Dee

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

Hi Marsha,

I agree with Amanda's comment regarding Plaquenil (also known as Hydroxychloroquine) I have been on plaquenil for a few years now, and I find it has helped the fatigue and the pain in my joints.

For the Raynauds, I have been put onto medication that would normally be used for people with high blood pressure. The reason for this, is that things like Amlodipine, Lansoprazole and others, act as vasodilators - which means they increase the diameter of your blood vessels, allowing more blood to get to the extremities, which hopefully reduces the effects of Raynauds.

Having been in hospital for a stay a couple of years ago due to my Raynauds, I now work very hard at preventing the cold from getting to my hands - prevention so much is better than "cure" with Raynauds.

If you can get hold of any type of hand warmer, then do so - and use them regularly. I have disposable hand warmers, two electronic hand warmers and LOTS of gloves/mittens and assorted arm warmers to go with them !

I hope this information helps. LD x