Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Reglan

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Clementine

Clementine

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:11 AM

I am taking Reglan for dysmotility. I keep reading bad things about Reglan's side effects..and after Zelnorm was taken off the market (another drug I used to take but decided to quit on my own a few months ago) I am very hesitant.
Can people that are taking it please post if they are having any side effects?
Thanks,
Jennifer

#2 Sherion

Sherion

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:16 PM

Jennifer, I've been on Reglan for over a year and I don't have any side effects. I really like that it has helped my swallowing and esophogus problems.

Sherion

#3 nan

nan

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:33 PM

Jennifer,
I asked about side effects of Reglan in an earlier post and as I recall I think only one or two people had problems. The GI doctor told me that it can heightened depression if you already suffer from it and it can cause nervous twitches. I still might try it. I took myself off of Zelnorm because I was so sick on it. I think I might give Reglan a chance. I need to do something.
Take care,
Nan

#4 barefut

barefut

Platinum Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:25 PM

I usually do well on any new med. Reglan has actually been the only drug that I have ever experienced bad side effects on.

I got the uncontrolable jaw jerks. Really strange feeling. Not painful , just strange! :blink: Was told to go off it right away.

Barefut

#5 ssakar

ssakar

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:06 PM

Is Reglan used mainly to help those with problems swallowing? Or is it also used to help with acid reflux?

Thanks,
Sakar

#6 Heidi

Heidi

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:25 PM

Hi Sakar,

My understanding is that Reglan is used for motility problems....moving food through the esophagus and not for GERD.

Warm wishes,
Heidi

#7 ssakar

ssakar

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:22 PM

Thanks,

I was just curious because I am taking it. I don't have problems swallowing but I do believe I have problems moving food through all the channels.

Sakar

#8 Sherion

Sherion

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

Jennifer, I have to amend my last letter. I just found out that reglan is causing me to drool terribly bad at night! I don't think I drooled this bad when I was a teething baby. Thank goodness it's only at night and not during the day! That's the only trouble I have with reglan.

Sherion