Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Afternoon Nap 'is Good For Heart'

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jude the Grouch_*

Guest_Jude the Grouch_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:57 AM

Afternoon nap 'is good for heart'. A six-year Greek study found that those who took a 30-minute siesta at least three times a week had a 37% lower risk of heart-related death. Experts said napping might help people to relax, reducing their stress levels. BBC News. 02/13/07. (Also see: Emotional Adjustment: Sleep)

#2 Claudia-DR

Claudia-DR

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:02 AM

Hi there!

I can vouch for the positive effects of an afternoon nap. I live in the Caribbean with temperatures hovering around 30 degrees celcius every day. A nap in the early afternoon becomes a lifesaver. Not to mention an energy blast.

Best,

Claudia

#3 Sam

Sam

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:48 AM

Ever since I can remember I have taken a nap during the day. When I was younger my mom said smething to doctor about it, and he told her if I needed it that I must needed it. Don't discourage me from taking one. And she never had. I today still take my naps during the day. But it is more than 30 minutes though. It just helps me get through the rest of the day then I can continue to enjoy the evening watching my favorite shows.
Sam

#4 jefa

jefa

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:07 AM

Yes, I too would be lost without my afternoon snooze. It is amazing how an hour or so of rest can lift you up.

#5 peanut

peanut

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:35 AM

I work so I try to power nap in my car during lunch. It's the best.

You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate
my HMO makes me wear a helmet...

#6 nan

nan

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:07 AM

Naps are awesome! I have to admit that mine are longer than 30 minutes. I figure I need it. It also helps me to be able to sleep later. The days when I don't get a good enough nap I don't sleep well that night. I am too tense!
Nan