Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Chinese Medicine?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dimarzio

dimarzio

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:45 AM

I've ben reading up a little on Chinese medicine.  I must admit to being a little sceptical, but would not discount anything completely.

Does anyone have any experience (positive or negative) of using Chinese medicine or is there a feeling that it's mumbo jumbo?

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:46 AM

Hi Dimarzio,

That's an excellent question. Unfortunately, not even the Chinese have discovered a cure for scleroderma.  We keep close tabs on that, as we have an international medical advisory board, and our site has even been translated into Chinese.

In fact, we track a lot more things than only Chinese medicine.  See our Forum Guidelines for a list of all sorts of herbs, vitamins and remedies that may or may not be helpful for scleroderma (and thus may or may not be discussed in the forums, to prevent an onslaught of fake cure salespersons).

In addition, we track Supplements for Scleroderma, as well as Diets and Scleroderma on our main site. You can also find specific diet tips on the appropriate symptom page(s) of our site, such as, foods or beverages to avoid if you have Raynaud's, or Heartburn.

:hug-group:

Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

#3 dimarzio

dimarzio

Senior Bronze Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:08 AM

My wife and her friend are urging me to try Chinese medication, but I'm a  little sceptical.  From a diet perspective, I stick with soft foods and a lot of fish & chicken - Can't seem to digest meat any more.

I gave up alcohol over a year ago and caffeine more recently, though when I've had the odd coffee, it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

I've cut down smoking considerably, but finding it hard to quit due to so much boredom because I can't keep as active as I used to.