Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Isosorbide Dinitrate (isordil)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Margaret

Margaret

Senior Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:07 AM

Hi, Everyone ,

I had Gareth in to see his ped gastro doctor today. Since we know his heart is OK, he and I have concluded (through all your help, of course) that Gareth is suffering from esophageal spasms after he eats a full meal. Monday evening was a really bad time and Gareth was very aggitated about his 'heart' thumping and esophagus hurting. Just sitting or standing would cause him to get upset. His doctor is going to have him try Isordil for the spasms. He said it is used for heart patients and has been shown to help muscle spasms in the esophagus. Is anyone on this med for spasms and if so, what side affects have you had besides a head ache? The pharmacy just called....they don't even have the med and will have it in by tomorrow!!!

Take care, Everyone.....and, thanks!!!
Margaret

#2 TJ903

TJ903

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:30 AM

Margaret

Sorry to hear about Gareth's problem. I'm not that bad, but have had to have my esophages dialated to help with GERD. My doctor put me on Protonix and that seems to help and I don't eat or drink alot 2 hours before bed time or lying down. There are so many things we have to watch out for and I wish you all the best in dealing with all of them.

#3 Jenny

Jenny

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:53 AM

Hi

Does anyone have teleganegies on their face(small red dots)? its when the blood vessels become diulated.

#4 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:04 AM

Hi Jenny,

Welcome to Sclero Forums, it's delightful to have you here. I'm sure you'll hear from others who have telangiectasias. In the meantime here is an interesting link about them on our main site: Telangiectasia
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.