Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Wound Healing In A Sclero Affected Limb

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jordan's Mommy

Jordan's Mommy

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:59 PM

Hi All,

My 6 year old daughter was cut with a pair of scissors yesterday by an out of control 6 year old who she attends girl scouts with. She cut into my daughter's finger, who bled quite a bit according to her troop leader, who is also a pediatrician. The troop leader is familiar with my daughter's medical condition, and told me that she is worried only because the finger that was cut is the only finger on my baby's body that is affected by her localized sclero. She was concerned that there could be healing problems, or possible mobility issues as the skin repairs itself. Has anyone had any experience with wound healing in a limb/digit affected by localized sclero?

#2 LisaBulman

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:28 AM

Hi Jennifer,
I don't have info for an experience with children but my fingers are affected and I know that my wounds take a while to heal. This may be caused because of my raynauds as well.
It is so difficult to deal with a child that is ill, let alone out of control children who are around your child!

Lisa Bulman
(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator
(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager
(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide
(Retired) ISN Fundraiser
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)