Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Iv Cytoxan And White Cell Count

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gidget

Gidget

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:23 PM

Hi. I have had 3 dosages of IV cytoxan and my rheumatologist wants to increase the dosage from 750 mg per meter squared to 900 mg per meter squared. My original white count at the start of the cytoxan treatments 14.4; and it is currently at 9; and he would like to see it dropped down to 5. I'm a little nervous of increasing it but I appreciate that he wants to treat me aggressively. Has anyone had the cytoxan where there white count has been dropped to a low range and what was your experience? Thanks Gidget

#2 peanut

peanut

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:26 PM

Hey Gidget,
My IV cytoxan was 1 gram for all 6 treatments. I don't know what my white blood cell count was. My last treatment was in March. Now my inflammation is low. The nurse told me treatments 4, 5 and 6 are usually more difficult on the body. I became more and more tired and my hair thinned but thankfully not nausea. Upping your cytoxan may increase the side affects, or not. We can hope for “or not”. Each body responds differently.

Hoping the best for yours,

peanut

You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate
my HMO makes me wear a helmet...

#3 Gidget

Gidget

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:43 AM

Peanut,
Thanks for your input and the heads up about dose 4, 5 and 6. At least when I am feeling bad from the cytoxan, I can say only 90 more days to go. Have Fun. Gidget.

#4 mimi

mimi

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:34 PM

Gidget
Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. I am not sure how much Cytoxan I received, but I am glad you are in the midst of treatment and that they are being aggressive!
Hang in there.
Mimi

#5 Gidget

Gidget

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:22 PM

Mimi,
Thanks for your kind thoughts. I think of you often as well and hope that you will soon be drug free and back to normal and healthy.
Regards,
Gidget