Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Has Anyone Tried For Ssdi In Wisconsin?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PetSitterLinda

PetSitterLinda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:31 AM

Just wondering if anyone has applied for SSDI or SSI in Wisconsin? I know a couple of people here that claim its easier than other states to win. I'm seriously thinking of applying, as I can't do full time much longer. But I live alone have a mobile home payment, rent, car etc etc, and I'm a little scared. SO if anyone has tried and won could you let me know how long it took you and anything else you think would help me and others in my situation?

Hugs to all,
Linda

#2 Sherion

Sherion

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:24 PM

I don't know about Wisconsin, but I think one of the most important things is to have a doctor write a letter stating just how bad your health is. That seems to be one thing that helps most people. Good luck to you. Sherion

#3 PetSitterLinda

PetSitterLinda

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 02:42 PM

Hi Sherion,
I have talked to him about that. Although he knows about my conditions all he really does on requests from Soc. Security is medical records. He is my Primary and my D.O. on my HMO from work, so I don't have much choice on who I go to. Don't get me wrong, he's a good doctor but he doesn't get involved with all the personal issues as much as he should. I guess I"ll just have to make my decision and see what happens. It's sort of scary, but somewhere along the line we have to make choices on what is best for us.

((((Hugs)))
Linda

#4 Sherion

Sherion

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:31 PM

Linda, You're so right about making our own choices!! I've also heard that people with Scleroderma get approved pretty quickly when they've applied for S.S. It's too bad if your doctor won't help a bit more but I would try for it any way. Maybe you can get more info from your local S.S. office. Good luck to you in whatever you decide. Sherion

#5 Heidi

Heidi

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:47 AM

Hi LInda,

I have heard that one of the things you can do is write a description of what your daily life is like (on your worst days), highlighting those things that impair your daily functioning as a result of the disease.

I wish you well in this process...please keep us posted.

Warm wishes,
Heidi