Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Functional Foods

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Louxx

Louxx

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:53 AM

not sure if this will make much sense or if there will be any answers.. but does anyone here know if there are any functional foods on the market which are meant to help scleroderma (as in the pain form, like arthritis-i know it wouldn't be advertised in that way) I'm doing a project in college and I've to find out the name of one and investigate it.
so if anyone knows of any just drop a message here please

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:24 PM

Hi Louise,

If people have a suggestion regarding a particular food or brand, they may send you a Private Message (using the button that says "Send Me a Private Message" in the lower left hand corner of your message), since we need to largely avoid brand names of commercial products on the board.

It's also a bit of a slippery slope to get into discussing a lot of foods and their benefits. However, we do have a page on Scleroderma and Diet which mentions a few beneficial foods, particularly yogurt with active cultures, the Mediterranean Diet, and olive oil...plus even more importantly, foods to avoid for various scleroderma symptoms. Many foods can worsen Raynaud's or heartburn, for example, including some most of us would never even suspect.
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.