Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

New Treatment For Telangiactasias

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LisaNC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:06 PM

It is so wild to read about others struggles with deleting the telangiactasis that are the same as mine. I don't know anyone else that has this problem. I received my very first laser treatment at Duke University 20 years ago. It was completely unsuccessful (Two very expensive rounds). I have used Dermablend all of these years but now it is not flowing well with my developing wrinkles. I started a new laser treatment in January. I have had 6 treatments and there is great improvement. I feel like I am almost to the point of trying other make-up that is not as heavy. I would like to know what make-up is a step down from dermablend that works. LisaNC

#2 Clementine

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:58 PM

Oh my, what is the name of the procedure so I can try it? Everyone I have talked to uses the mineral makeup. Know which one I am talking about? It's advertised on TV all the time.
You are so lucky. PLease let me know. I have had unsuccessful laser treatment and it made it even worse.

#3 Jenny

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:59 PM

Hi Jennifer,

I also have tela. red dots on my face. I just started using a mineral make up also, I love it! If you want to know the name, please send me a P.M. I have never had laser treatment but was thinking about it... But you say you have gotten worse? How come? I thought that it would get rid of them?? Sorry to hear that they got worse.

#4 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:29 AM

We have Dermablend makeup, and Jane Iredale (mineral makeup) listed on the main website. See Telangiectasia (Red Spots on Skin).

Basically, look for the term "corrective cosmetics" when seeking coverage for telangiectasia or other inflammatory issues.

Normal cosmetics are not intended to provide enough coverage, so they often need to be used very heavily, which usually doesn't look natural. If you are on a limited budget, consider springing for the foundation but use other (cheaper) products for blush, shadow, lipstick (etc.). It is the good foundation that hides 99% of the flaws.
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.