Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

The Changing Science Of Pain

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jude the Grouch_*

Guest_Jude the Grouch_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:51 PM

The Changing Science of Pain. As the number of patients has grown, though, so has medicine's understanding of what pain is. Now there's a growing awareness that pain is a disease of its own. MSNbc.com. 06/04/07. (Also see: Emotional Adjustment)

#2 Elehos

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:47 AM

It's great that the medical world is looking at pain so much more seriously these days, and one of my doctors mentioned something called a Functional MRI, hoping to help those that suffer without apparent physical cause, such as those with fibro. This type of MRI can identify pain signals in the body, even though the doctors might have told the patient that there's no physical damage to that particular area of the body. The other thing that caught my attention was vitamin D deficiency and pain, and it seems that (by what I've read) people with sclero can have difficulty absorbing it from supplements, and I've personally suspected that for a while now. I think I'll print this article and give it to my doctor next month!

Best to you,

#3 bookworm

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:23 AM

Great article! I'm printing it and taking a copy to my doctor, too.

Mary in Texas