Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Legg Calve Perthes Disease

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rachelle

Rachelle

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:38 PM

My youngest son had Legg Calve Perthes Disease mildly when he was 6 and has since recovered. There is no known cause, but it involves inflamation and restricted blood supply to the hip joint which causes the bone to deteriorates, but it grows back, since usually young children (boys) get it. He also had Henoch Schonlein Pupura, which we think was related to Pencillin. Hope I spelled everything ok, but anyway, has anyone else had children who had these conditions or had them yourself??

#2 Patty

Patty

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:19 AM

Hey my daughter has perthes and was 3 when she got her diagnosis. I wish I could say she had a mild case. she had a leg brace but she had too many problems with it so she had to have 2 surgeries on it and may need a hip replacement when shes older.( shes 20 now and doing great) This is a very good question and I will ask my rheumatologist when I go the 19th.

Hugs,
Patty
Hugs,
Patty

If Life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Limited scleroderma, Dermatomyositis. Diastolic Dysfunction, dysphagia, Fibro, restless leg. Lupus is a maybe.