Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Maintain Hydroxychloroquine In Antiphospholipid Syndrome (aps) In Pregnancy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jude the Grouch_*

Guest_Jude the Grouch_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:14 AM

Maintain Hydroxychloroquine in Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS) in Pregnancy. Pregnant women with APS need anticoagulation throughout pregnancy and for at least 6 weeks post partum. Rheumatology News. Volume 6, Issue 6, Page 21 (June 2007). (Also see: APS)

#2 Sharonvandee

Sharonvandee

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:12 AM

Great Article only wish this knowledge had been available years ago I had 12 miscarriages and many attempts at IVf before getting my precious son and daughter. When we went back for a third 8 years later the IVF team discovered that I had APS and put me on clexane for weeks before conception and then 12 weeks after conception and then we started it again 12 weeks before delivery and 6 weeks after delivery. It really helped it was the first time I conceive first go and carried the baby almost to full term.

The advances in technology are amazing who know what the future holds for all of us with the medical advances
Kindest Regards

Sharon

Diagnosis Scleroderma-crest, Scolliosis, Asthma, ILD, Plueral Fibrosis, GERD, Hiatus hernia, Anticardiolipin positive, ANA positive

a little bent and broken and almost beyond repair!

#3 reese

reese

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:32 AM

I agree, great article. I do not have APS but had a significant flare after my first pregnancy and have been taking hydroxychloroquine throughout my current pregnancy. So far things at 20 weeks are great and the baby is healthy and growing normally and I feel really good-great med!

Reese