Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Face Cream

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scampie5

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:38 AM

Can any one recommend a face cream that I can buy in England? My mouth is getting smaller and face is begining to feel very tight. Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:24 AM

Dear Lynn,

Unfortunately, no face cream will make a difference in stopping the process of skin hardening in the face. It is extremely important to see a scleroderma expert about this. They need to know about the progression of skin involvement and perhaps they will have some treatments that can allay the further development of fibrosis.

There is a fabulous scleroderma expert center at Royal Free Hospital. See:
Scleroderma Experts and also Prof. Carol Black .

People may suggest brand names of face creams to you by clicking on the button for "Send Me a Private Message" which is in the lower left hand side of your message (since we try to avoid brand names in the main forum to discourage salespersons.) Just keep in mind that no ordinary face cream is going to make a difference in the disease process, and that you need to see your doctor about this development.

Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.