Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Always Look On The Bright Side Of.... Scleroderma

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 barefut

barefut

Platinum Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:42 AM

I have had to learn and re learn to live in the moment and appreciate every little thing.

I have become more thankful and grateful for the things I have and the things I am able to still do, and the places I am able to still see.

I have also become more sensitive to other people's suffering.

Good topic.
Thanks,
Barefut

#22 epasen

epasen

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:09 AM

Again, outstanding answers with a lot to think about! Thank you for giving me more ways to see this illness :)

#23 Michelle2

Michelle2

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:27 AM

THIS is a GREAT topic, thanks Emmi.

I have learned to be more patient and enjoy my family and friends even more. I try not to take anyone or anything for granted and really try to look at the bright side of things verses the negative side. I really try to view this as "We all have something" may it be diabetes or any other disease and try not to feel sorry for myself. I just try to stay on top of the changes that are going on with me and read up on Scleroderma as much as I can.

I have a strong faith that keeps me going. We do have so many things to be grateful for. :D
Take care and stay warm,

Michelle

#24 Annie N

Annie N

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:21 PM

What a great idea. And looking on the bright side, I've been enjoying as much as I can out of life, doing things I might not have "had the time for" in the past, making time for fun and outdoor walking to enjoy the fresh air, and the freedom to be selfish to do things that I want to, no matter how small a thing.
:-)
Annie N

#25 TJ903

TJ903

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:02 PM

Fantastic thread!!!

I'm totally in agreement with everything... Diagnosed with Diffuse in Jan '07 gave me little time to learn to appreciate anything, but find humor I did. I look like I've had a face lift, my cellulite is gone and I'm perky again at 50!

I did not come by this easy, I had all of you wonderful people to inspire me and give me a more positive outlook. I did not believe any of you when you told me that it would get easier and that I would look back on my first year and realize that it wasn't near as bad or scary as I'd imagined... boy was I proven wrong!

Thank you everyone for just being out there in cyberspace, just in case I need you!