Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

For Women

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 barefut

barefut

Platinum Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

Has anyone experienced a thickening of their breast tissue?

I have, not a lump, but rather an area near my underarm in one breast that feels thicker than the rest.

My first mammogram was 6 years ago at age 36 and all was well. There is no breast cancer in my family on either side, so I am not too worried about that. I AM due for a mammo though and Jennifer has inspired me to just go do it. Since I read that she was.

Anyway, I've had this thickish area for at least a year and have wondered if it could be the sclero. and was also wondering if any other women have experienced the same...

Thanks for any replies.

Love,
Barefut

#2 summer

summer

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:00 AM

Hi Barefut,
No, I haven't noticed any thickening in my breast tissue, but for the last 5 years have had a couple of lymph nodes that are enlarged in one breast.

Can you still feel the thickening of the breast after your period?

I had a breast biopsy when I first noticed it 5 years ago, it was benign then but I usually go for a breast ultrasound/mammogram every 12 months for my own piece of mind.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Take care
Celia

#3 Margaret

Margaret

Senior Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:52 AM

Hi Barefut ,

I don't know if it could be sclero or not but there is a breast cancer that can start on the skin or just below called Padget's disease/cancer. I would stick to the yearly mammo that is coming up and show the tech taking the mammo where you are concerned about.

Take care, Everyone.
Margaret

#4 Clementine

Clementine

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:24 AM

I am so glad I was an inspiration. Finally, LOL. I hope it's nothing but I hope you get it checked.
xo
Jen

#5 barefut

barefut

Platinum Member

• Topic Starter
  • Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:35 AM

Okay, I fianlly called today and made my mammo appt. It's tomorrow afternoon. That thick area is more pronounced with my period. Not sure if a mammo will even reach it.

I'll let y'all, said in a southern Hoosier accent ;) know how it goes...(you're so cute Jen :P )

B

#6 Clementine

Clementine

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:10 AM

Barefut,
I am happy to hear you are getting a mammogram. Please let us know how it goes pumpkin! You are the cute one :blink:
Jen