Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Vegies on the Grill

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Patty

Patty

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:43 AM

Hey Jen Jen!!

I love to cook squash on the grill. I slice them on an angle about 1 inch thick maybe less depending. I put them in a large bowl and drizzle with oil and house spice mix ( what ever you like) and grill, turning so you get the nice grill marks.
Tom loves them cooked like this and so does Giavanna so its a win win here. I make them the main meal and serve a salad with it and im done.
Hugs,
Patty

If Life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Limited scleroderma, Dermatomyositis. Diastolic Dysfunction, dysphagia, Fibro, restless leg. Lupus is a maybe.

#2 Piper

Piper

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:46 AM

Hi, I cook asparagus in a very hot oven at 500 degrees or on the b-b-q in a metal pan. I baste them with olive oil and when they're starting to get brown I squeeze fresh lemon juice on them and grate parmesan cheese ontop.
I'm addicted to this but my hubby is getting tired of asparagus, we have it so much now.
Hugs, Piper

#3 barefut

barefut

Platinum Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:18 PM

OOOOOOOOOOO Piper, that sounds SO good to me! I am going to try it! YUM!

#4 Vee

Vee

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:30 AM

They both sound delicious!

Patty, I kinda do the same thing, but I throw a bunch of different vegies together in a bowl, etc..zuccini, yellow squash, red, yellow and green peppers onions, whatever you like, and throw some roasted redpepper salad dressing on and mix it in and then put some foil on the grill and toss the vegies on. I like the parmesian cheese on it too.

I also put potatoes in a foil pouch with a little butter and garlic and onions and throw that on the grill.
Happy people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have!

Warm and Happy to you! Vee

#5 Piper

Piper

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:10 AM

YYYUUMMMM Vee,
You're making me hungry! I'm going to try the potatoes that way. Another version is to slice onions with sliced potatoes (not to thin) and then put Catalina dressing on top in a foil packet on the B-b-Q.

#6 Vee

Vee

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:58 AM

MMMMMM....I love catalina dressing, too. Never thought to cook with it. I'll try that one. Thanks Piper.
Happy people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have!

Warm and Happy to you! Vee