Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Liver Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scampie5

scampie5

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:03 AM

Hi as any one got any problem with their liver I have just had a letter back from my Rhemy saying that my blood result showed quite siqnificant deteriation and for me to have them done again asap any one else had this Lynn

#2 WestCoast1

WestCoast1

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:26 AM

Hi Lynn,
I too have liver issues. My liver enzymes go up and down. I see a gastro doctor for this reason. We really havnt pinpointed the cause, and it doesn't seem to be progressing, so for now its just one of those things.

Are you suffering because of this? What does the doctor think is going on?
*WestCoast*

#3 Nelly

Nelly

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:28 PM

My liver enzymes go up and down too, but I'm also on methotrexate (we are assuming that is the culprit). As long as they come back down my rheumatologist doesn't get too worked up over it. We just have to keep a close eye on my bloodwork and do it more frequently. Hopefully, your's will come back down too. Take care and let us know how the next round of labs go.

#4 LisaBulman

LisaBulman

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:07 AM

Hi Lynn,
For the past two years my liver was a mess! I was in a study and the study drug caused my lft's to go crazy. Shortly after the study I was to start chemo because I had to be taken off of the drug in the study and my lungs were deteriorating. I had a liver biospy and was classified as auto immune hepatitis. My chemo was started but I only lasted 5 months because my lft's rose to 544/325. The normal should be between 0 and 40. A year after I stopped the chemo my numbers are finally back to a "normal" for me, 120/60. Because of this my doctor does not want me to start on a ny new meds if possible. We have been putting off further treatments as long as I can take it. Please let us know what your next test results show. Drinking lots of fluids also helps flush out your system.

Hugs,
Lisa
Lisa Bulman
(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator
(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager
(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide
(Retired) ISN Fundraiser
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

#5 Gidget

Gidget

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:58 AM

Lisa,
What was the study drug? Thanks Gidget

#6 LisaBulman

LisaBulman

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:07 AM

Hi Gidget,
The study drug was Bosentan. Many people have taken it and it worked great for them. I guess my liver just didn't like it.

Hugs,
Lisa
Lisa Bulman
(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator
(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager
(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide
(Retired) ISN Fundraiser
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)