Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Systemic Sclerosis Patients Have Activating Antibodies Targeting Both Endothelin Receptor Type A And Angiotensin Ii Type 1 Receptor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Jude the Grouch_*

Guest_Jude the Grouch_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:32 AM

Systemic Sclerosis Patients Have Activating Antibodies Targeting Both Endothelin Receptor Type A And Angiotensin Ii Type 1 Receptor Predicting Worse Prognosis. Anti-AT1R and anti-ETAR antibodies are a biomarker for severe disease and worse prognosis and could explain pathogenic features found in systemic sclerosis. The detection of these antibodies could identify SSc patients that might benefit from a receptor blockade or from a specific modulation of the antibody-receptor interaction. G. Riemekasten OP0162 EULAR 2007. (Also see: Causes of Scleroderma: Endothelin, Antibodies,and Prognosis)

#2 peanut

peanut

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:57 PM

This is an interesting article. I take Letairis for PH. It's an endothelin receptor antagonist (ERA). I wonder if this is the same type of endothelin receptor blockade they refer to in the article?

peanut

You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate
my HMO makes me wear a helmet...