Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

Carrot And Walnut Cake

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CFMBabs

CFMBabs

Silver Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:10 AM

8floz/ 1cup of corn oil
6oz / 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
6oz / 1 1/4 cups of plain all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
good pinch of grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
40x / 1 cup of chopped walnuts and about 12 half walnuts for decoration
80z / 1 1/2 cups of finely grated carrots
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tblsp sour cream

For the frosting

6oz / 1 cup of cream / soft cheese
2 tblsp butter
80z / 2 cups icing sugar / sugar dust

Put the oil and sugar into a large bowl and beat well. Add the eggs one at a time and continue to beat really well. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda,salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg into the bowl and continue to beat. Fold in the chopped walnuts and carrots and stir in the vanilla essence and sour cream.
Divide the mixture between two tins -- 8 ins in diameter, make sure to grease and line the tins. Place in the oven 180C/350F for about 25 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
When cold, beat the frosting by placing the cream cheese, butter and icing sugar into a bowl until smooth.
Sandwich the two cakes together using a little of the frosting and then use the rest to cover.
Use the halved walnuts for decoration.

This is my family's favourite cake and my friends all ask for this recipe when they taste the finished result. I've used this cake for many occasions and also I've featured it on my radio recipe slot (Dish of the week)

Hope you enjoy
Best wishes
Barbs

#2 barefut

barefut

Platinum Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:26 PM

Well I was wondering when you were going to share a recipe! I'm going to LOVE this one! (except I've gotta leave the walnuts out) I love cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger (and allspice)

How could one modify this to include pumpkin? MMMMmmmm :)

Thanks Barbs!
Barefut