Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Question-re: My Cardiac Cath Test Results

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Annie N

Annie N

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:36 PM

I'm hoping someone knows anything about the diagnosis I got after my cadiac cath.
It's exercise induced results "consistent with left ventricular diastolic dysfunction and arterial stiffening secondary to scleroderma."

I haven't heard of this before and didn't find much, if any good info on it.
To be honest, I'm totally confused by what this actually means and implications for future health.

If anyone has experienced this diagnosis or knows anything, I'd really appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks for any information you can share with me!
Annie N.

#2 Patty

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

Hi annie,

I also have this. I was told that it means part of the left side if stiff or getting stiff. ( the diastolic pressure is the bottom number of a BP and it is when the heart is at reast or inbetween pumps} I take a water type Rx and have to take my blood pressure everyday. I was told by my Dr that if my BP gets high he needs to know. I keep a record of my bp. Ask your Dr for a Rx for a blood pressure machine. Most insurances covers them. If not you can buy one in most stores that have a pharmacy for about $40. Should you worry about this.... it is your heart so there is always worry but dont stress over it too much. I know easier said then done. I got my diagnosis for this a year ago so I had time to learn more about it. Just keep an eye on BP and ask the dr at what point he would like a call if bp rises up.

I have a few sites on it I will pm you later if you would like them.

If Life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Limited scleroderma, Dermatomyositis. Diastolic Dysfunction, dysphagia, Fibro, restless leg. Lupus is a maybe.