Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Upper Abdominal Bloating

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bunky

Bunky

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:05 PM

Hey everyone, I hope you are all feeling ok tonight. I have a question and I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I don't get a chance to read the forums very often...
Does anyone have upper abdominal burning pain? Pain that feels like road rash on your insides? I have interstitial cystitis, and the pain feels exactly like that, except for high in my abdomen. It also seems to be worse when my GERD is burning my throat. I will be having my first endoscopy soon, and would like to be able to inform the doctors. what other patients experience. ( I live in a rural area and seem to have to teach the doctors. here about my condition. Good thing is they are very receptive, I've done more research than they have on sclero!)
Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Beth

#2 Kamlesh

Kamlesh

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:22 PM

Hi Beth,
Many times I get upper abdomen almost close to lower chest severe burning and very uneasy feeling. I am also having severe burning in throat. I agree with you regarding ignorance of many medical professionals regarding scleroderma.

It is good idea to watch for lung damage due to the fluid from stomach back flowing in to lungs. The acid reflux medications can reduce or eliminate acid, but cannot eliminate stomach fluid flowing in to lungs and esophagus.
Kind regards,

Kamlesh