Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Temp Everyday

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Peggy

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:32 PM

Hey Everyone:

I was told by my doctor to keep track of my temp and every day for the last 2 weeks I've had a temp - usually runs from 99.3 to 100 or 101. Does anyone else have this? Is this from the sclero or the cyclophosphamide? Or, as I am worried it might be, from the protein marker they are watching where they are watching for lymphoma on me. That's why I'm on the cyclophosphamide due to this protein blood marker I have and the sclero and sjogren's. Just wondering what everyone thinks as I'm getting worried. The night sweats are so bad every night I'm having to change pj's at least 3 times a night. The temp is always there in the morning and then will also spike later in the day/eve.

Thanks and stay warm!

#2 bunny pomar

bunny pomar

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:24 AM

I run a temperature everyday during the day from about 99.5 to 100.5. Nobody seems to cocerned so I figure it's just the disease process.

#3 Kamlesh

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:39 PM

Hi Peggy,

I believe high temperature is our body's message that something abnormal is going on. When I was going through worst of my Scleroderma, I used to get high temperature of 102 to 104 degrees every 3-4 weeks. My doctor could not find any reason for the high temperature and experimented with several anti-biotics and finally, double dose of Avalox anti-biotic would bring down temperature in a few days. Avalox is pretty strong anti-biotic. As my Scleroderma started to come under control, the interval continued to increase and now I do not get any more high temperature. I do not want establish any linkage between Scleroderma and high temperature, but I believe it is a reaction of our body to some abnormality.

Take care!
Kind regards,

#4 nan

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:43 AM

I would let your doctor know about that. Especially since you're being watched for lymphoma. A few years back I was doing the night sweats and changing pj's at least three times a night. That is the pits!!!!!!!!!!!!! The doctor never figured it out. My temp last week was 95.1. My rheumatologist told me that that can be indicative of infection just like a high temperature. Go figure!
Take care and call your doctor,

#5 KarenL

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:27 AM

A temperature is not a symptom of scleroderma. I'd have that checked. Feel better.