Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Twitching And Itching

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 barefut

barefut

Platinum Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:33 AM

Didn't sleep so great lastnight. My restless legs are back and I was itching too, though not near as bad as Dave!

My legs are what bothers me the most at night. It is so aggravating. Just as I think I'm on my way to sleep, my legs go twitching. This feels different than what I've experienced before with restless legs. In the past it has felt like my leg muscles wanted to move but moving them didn't make them happy. This twitching thing is just as aggravating but different. It's like they can't relax.

Someone here had a simple "cure" for restless legs but I don't remember what it was. I'll go try a search.

#2 barefut

barefut

Platinum Member

• Topic Starter
  • Bloggers
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:47 AM

Hi Whirl,

I found the post I made back in March about RLS and the bar of soap remedy.

Did you ever go off your RLS med and see if the soap thing worked?

#3 Guest_Jude the Grouch_*

Guest_Jude the Grouch_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:29 AM

Soap works for RLS, too? Interesting. The first time I heard of it was from the COPD folks. They claim it works quite handily for leg cramps, Charlie Horses. Put the soap in the bed, etc. I have never tried it, though. I did get some quinine that my doctor prescribed that really did help my leg cramps. I don't get many cramps now, at all. Maybe once a month or so and they are usually mild, nowhere near the pain and frequency I used to have them. I just wonder if it's a flare thing? Or a disease progression thing?

I have mild RLS, too. Usually just getting up out of bed helps. I still have the RLS, but am able to live with it as long as I'm not trying to sleep. Just one more problem to add to the SD mix.

jude

#4 WestCoast1

WestCoast1

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:48 AM

Hi Barefut,
I am sorry that you are dealing with this leg restlesness. I have heard from one of my doctors that leg restlessness is a side effect of anemia. But that is not the only reason. Did you say that you talked to your doctor about this? If not, you could always give the nurse there a call to see what she thinks.

Take care my dear.
*WestCoast*

#5 peanut

peanut

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:39 AM

I have mad restless legs. Ugh. It's so bad at night. I tried moving around, raising my legs, ugh nothing helped until I called my doctor. Now, I take Lyrica and a banana or some kind of natural form of potassium. I don't know why but the RLS doesn't seem to go away completely without potassium. Lyrica helps with depression too.

I hope you find something to make the crazy leg spiders go away.
peanut

You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate
my HMO makes me wear a helmet...

#6 susie54

susie54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:23 AM

Hi Barefut,

Sorry about those never ending restless legs acting up. I was diagnosed a few months back with this after many sleepless nights. I would try the soap but if nothing helps, I was prescribed some relief by my doctor. It really worked and when they act up it is sooo nice to have help. Also heat on them might help.
My mother has restless leg frequently and says when they are their worst , she gets in bathtub of warm water and this helps more than anything. Hope you get relief. Susie54

#7 truman

truman

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:59 PM

Have you asked your doctor about Requip?
Tru

It is what it is...........

#8 barefut

barefut

Platinum Member

• Topic Starter
  • Bloggers
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:03 PM

Thanks Guys,

I just don't want to add another med since it's not something that bothers me all the time - just occasionally.

I am going to try the soap and thanks for the warm bath idea Susie. Don't know why I didn't think of that.