Congrats to Margaret, Platinum Member with 1,000 posts and 10 Years of Forums Membership!

Photo

What To Expect?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 beedee

beedee

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:38 PM

So I have been diagnosed with morphea, and it started on my breast. I just noticed a few days ago that there is a spot on my arm and it is in my finger as well. I am on an immunosuppressant ointment and a steroid ointment right now, they don't seem to be doing anything yet. The next step if they do not work, is light therapy.
But my question is, when something actually starts working, how much does the morphea actually improve? I am assuming it never goes away completely. It is the worst in my breast and has been there for several months. it covers a lot of my breast, and there is discolouration and the thickened skin, above it, is a palm-sized "bump" which is very hard. It has been biopsied and is definitely morphea. Will this bump and the thickness ever go away? Just wodnering how much of an improvement you all have seen.

#2 truman

truman

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:19 PM

Have you asked your doctor about colchicine? I was getting the spots and calcium deposits all along my arm. I was prescribed Colchicine and spots and calcium eruptions had ceased so I stopped medication. WRONG, it all came back. I went back on Colchicine and within two weeks, eruptions and spots stopped and existing calcium deposits pealed off.
Tru

It is what it is...........

#3 beedee

beedee

Senior Bronze Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:45 PM

Something to keep in mind for sure... but what are calcium deposits?

#4 truman

truman

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:28 PM

Calcium deposits are little lumps the size of pin heads or a little larger that erupt on the skin. They generally turn a shade of tan.

Without the medicine, they continually pop up and are very painful. If you try to remove them, they leave a nasty scab area and multiply.

Since going back on the medicine, they have ceased developing and the remaining deposits have basically fallen off by themselves.
Tru

It is what it is...........

#5 Sam

Sam

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:40 PM

I will see if I can send a picture of my calcuim deposits so eveyone can see. I have them on my forearms. The ones on my knee I had surgery for so far so good. That was back in 2003. I think I iwll have to retake the picture but that isnt a big deal. Sam
Sam

#6 beedee

beedee

Senior Bronze Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 04:28 AM

I've never heard of these. They sound very unpleasant!