Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

About To Give Up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bookworm

bookworm

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 08:28 AM

I was just cut off again. These new forums clearly hate me and I am about ready to give up!
Between cutting me off while I am typing and the tiny print that hurts my eyes to read, I am not a happy camper. Clicking on "view" and then "text size" does absolutely nothing on this site, although it works fine for me on other sites.
Am I the only one having problems like these?

Mary in Texas

#2 Heidi

Heidi

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 08:44 AM

Hi Mary,

Please don't give up. We value your input too much. Several things I have noticed with your posts. If you want to apply the tools on the tool bar, you have to do them one at a time. So, for example, if I wanted to make this sentence bold and underlined, once I wrote it, I would have to go back, select it (highlight it), then click on Bold. THEN, I would need to go back and select it again and then click on underline. You CAN NOT highlight the sentence or text only once and click on all the formats you want to apply (like color, font, and size). It will only take the first one, unless you do each separately.

Also, if you go into My Controls and then to the board options section down at the lower left hand column, you can change your editing from standard to Rich Text.
With this turned on, you've got WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). In other words, you can see the colours and other formatting in your message before it is posted and you don't have to mess with having to highlight the text that you want to format. It works with most of the later browsers.

I hope this helps,
Heidi

#3 bookworm

bookworm

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:14 AM

Thanks, Heidi!

Yes, this helps a lot! Now, If I can just stop sending off my posts before I'm finished writing them! I think I must be hitting some key and causing it, but will have to figure out which one!

Thank you again for taking the time to help!

Mary from Texas

#4 Heidi

Heidi

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:11 AM

Hi Mary,

You are so welcome! The exact same thing (sending the post before I was finished) happened to me the other night when I was using the laptop. I didn't think I hit the send button, but somehow I must have.

Warm wishes,
Heidi