Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Foot Pain

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JG07

JG07

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:37 PM

Does anyone have any problems with their feet - mine tingle & hurt = I cannot stand for along periods - the bottoms of my feet are always sore -The veins and ateries around my ankels and tops of my feet are very purple when I am at home I have to wear cushsy socks or slippers - I have limited sclero, reynaurds sjorgens, pah pulm fibrosis -

#2 truman

truman

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:42 PM

Does the Raynauds affect your feet? When you first get out of bed, do the arches of your feet ache? Mine ached like that until I would get up and walk around for a while, then they would be fine.

Occasionally now, I'll get a bad ache in my arch that makes walking nearly impossible, and then coincidentally will get a bout of phlebitis in the same leg a day or so later. It's happened about three times now, so I've contributed the painful arch as a symptom of the impending phlebitis.

If I doing a great deal of clean up (say junk day) or a good amount of lawn work (raking, etc.), at the end of the day, walking is impossible. My feet just won't carry me.

I think I've learned, everything in moderation.
Tru

It is what it is...........

#3 jaxs

jaxs

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 12:22 AM

hi
I too have a lot of foot pain at times my feet cramp up and my feet are always swollen, the bottom of my feet feel like I have been standing on a pile of stones, ,i also suffer from a lot of pain in my legs , and again it feels like I have been walking for a long time but I havent, I have warm baths it helps for a while but I find myself either in bed or soaking ........ :unsure: jaxsxxx
live life for today and not for tomorrow

#4 CraigR

CraigR

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:35 AM

You might take a look at the recent thread on peripheral neuropathy. It may well be part of your problem.

Craig