Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Grave's Disease

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Denelle

Denelle

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:48 AM

Hi,

Does anyone else have Grave's disease? I have been having symptoms for many months, but no one put it together until I saw a cardiologist. He then referred me to an endocrinologist who ran more labs and is likely diagnosing Grave's disease. I do an uptake test Tom-Fri and then they may dose me on Fri if I come back positive for Grave's disease.

What can anyone tell about what to expect?

Thanks,

Denelle in MN B)

#2 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:36 PM

Hi Denelle,

I don't have Grave's, but I do have Hashimoto's. We have a page on both types of thyroid disease at:
http://www.sclero.or...oid/a-to-z.html

Our intro there says:

"It is common for people to develop thyroid diseases, such as hyperthyroidism (hyper means "too much") and hypothyroidism (hypo means "too little.) The two main types of autoimmune thyroid disease fall into hyperthyroidism (Grave's disease), and hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's thyroiditis). Often thyroid disease occurs by itself. Occasionally it is also associated with other autoimmune diseases, such as type 1 diabetes, systemic scleroderma, and vitiligo, just to name a few."

Good luck with your testing and let us know what you find out.
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.