Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Lyrica And Lactose Intolerance

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elehos

Elehos

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:10 AM

Hi everyone,

I got so excited about walking again that I forgot to mention this about the Lyrica...the brand name (I don't think there's a generic yet) drug has lactose as a filler ingredient, and since I'm lactose intolerant, I take it with a small amount of a chewable "dairy tab" (contains lactase). If anyone is lactose intolerant and has ended up with stomach problems after taking Lyrica, that might be the problem, so talk to your doctor to see if a lactase supplement might help. It doesn't take much of one, about 1/8 to 1/5 of a chewable tab helps.

Best to all,
Elehos

#2 peanut

peanut

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:05 PM

Elehos,
That is so interesting. Hum.
I've been taking Lyrica for a while for my restless legs and I've always thought I was lactose intolerant. When I drink milk my stomach gets soo upset, but Lyrica hasn't upset my stomach. Hum... Maybe I just have a picky stomach. I just wish it liked Ice Cream.

peanut

You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate
my HMO makes me wear a helmet...

#3 Elehos

Elehos

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:04 PM

Hi Peanut,

For years I seemed to have enough lactase in my body to handle a small amount of lactose, but over the past year it bottomed out completely. There's not much in the Lyrica, but someone extremely sensitive might have trouble. Glad to hear that you're handling it well!

Best wishes, Happy Holidays, and wishing all a wonderful New Year!
Elehos