Newsflash: "A poor sense of smell could mean the end is nigh." See News subforum for details. Then chill out in the Fun and Friendship forum.

Photo

Bruising And Itching Skin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kelowna52

kelowna52

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:36 AM

Good morning to everyone, I have been having a problem with alot of bruising on my legs and alot of itching all over my body. I was wondering if any of you have this problem. Thanks for your help.

Jackie S.

#2 peanut

peanut

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:13 PM

Hi Jackie,
Do you bruise easily or are bruises just showing up? I bruise easy and they don't fade fast due to prednisone.

itching is a common issue with scleroderma. I drink lots of water, take less baths (bathing frequently can irritate and dry skin) and use oatmeal based anti itch cream that works wonderfully.

Take care, peanut

You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate
my HMO makes me wear a helmet...

#3 kelowna52

kelowna52

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:53 AM

Hi Peanut, I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner, my daughter is in town from Toronto for vacation. I don't normally bruise easily, that's what is so puzzling to the doctors. I do use oatmeal baths and I try not to bath everday. My Dermo has put me on 3 differant steroid Creams for the itching, and does help if I use it twice a day, everyday. Sometimes I forget if I'm not itching at the time. Thanks for getting back to me.

Jackie S.