Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Saw the Gastro Doctor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Peggy

Peggy

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:27 AM

I saw the new gastro doctor who was great. It was nice to know that he knows all about sclero and what it can do. He is planning on doing an endoscopy this Wednesday to see what kind of damage these attacks that I have been having have done. He gave me carafate to take at night to try and coat the stomach and hopefully ward off these attacks. They are so painful and thank goodness for the gi cocktail or it would be unbearable. I'll let you know what I find out on Wednesday and cross your fingers that it will be good news.

Warm hugs from Minnesota.

Peggy

#2 Snowbird

Snowbird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:27 AM

Hi Peggy

Glad the GI Cocktails are helping some...good luck with your tests.
Sending good wishes your way!

#3 kelowna52

kelowna52

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:05 PM

Good luck to you, I hope you can get some relief soon, I have had GI problems all along. It is not pleasant, I totally understand. Let us know how you make out.

Jackie S.

#4 ladyhawke

ladyhawke

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:11 PM

Peggy, glad that you have a "gastro-guy" that is good....I'm wondering about your GI cocktail....I take a pantaloc along with a prescription zantac (higher dose than over the counter), I use alot of Gaviscon liquid (keep it in the fridge). Also, is a gastrenterologist more knowlegable about sclero as opposed to a rheumatologist? I've only seen my gastro-guy once so far and just curious. Hope your endoscopy goes well and they get something to work for you - Lisa
Life is NOT meant to be a struggle. Life is meant to be joyously abundant.

#5 Peggy

Peggy

Gold Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:55 AM

My GI cocktail consists of putting 3 tsps of lidocaine with maalox and then I drink it. What this does is numb my esophagus and throat as when I need to do these I am literaly on fire inside and this is the only thing that brings relief. My rhemo doctor is the one who wanted me to see a gastro as I guess she felt he would be the one to do the endoscopy and knows what to look for. I am hoping that all of these attacks, as I had one last night again, isn't doing a lot of damage as it burns so bad.

Warm hugs from Minnesota.

Peggy