Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Stomach Cramps And Lower Back Pain

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kelowna52

kelowna52

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:10 AM

Good morning, I was wondering if any of you have stomach cramps lower down, with alot of lower back pain. I've been having this problem for 3 weeks now. I don't know whether it is IBS or Scleroderma causing this or something else. I have alot of constipation as well. I do find since my Neuro. doctor put me on pain medication and Cymbalta and increased my dose for both meds these problems seemed to start, which was 4 weeks ago. Thank goodness, I will be seeing my Neuro doctor Feb. 12th, she will be starting the Botox injections for my Migraines. Anyway if any of you have any suggestions for this cramping and lower back pain I would appreciate it. I can't use my heating pad because my Hot Flashes are to bad.

Take Care

Jackie S.

#2 lizzie

lizzie

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:32 AM

Hi Jackie
A few months ago I was having a real problem with bowel cramps, so bad that I had to take days off work. Had investigatios and the gastro came to the conclusion was probably IBS but that I also had severe constipation. I was started on Movicol 1-3 sachets a day - which I think is similar to the prep you take for colonoscopy - but much milder. This worked like magic - no more constipation - and no more cramping. For the cramping I was prescribed Buscopan , which is an antispasmodic, and that certainly helped. You can buy it as a non-prescription drug here in the UK , but you should check with a Dr first before taking it.

Lizzie

#3 kelowna52

kelowna52

Silver Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:02 PM

Thank you Lizzie, for your information, I will be calling my Gastro doctor. first thing Monday morning. This cramping just isn't going away. Thanks again.

Jackie S.