Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Feet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Snowbird

Snowbird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

Hi all

For more than a month now, I have this weird feeling on my foot (from my big toe up to the big knuckle) and I actually forgot to mention it to the doctor :o . It always feels like it is chaffed/irritated, bothersome as it hurts all the time when anything touches it, socks, socks & shoes, sheets.....but to me it looks just like my other foot, I can't see anything really visibly different on my skin. Does anybody know if this is how some of the skin hardening starts, it's just kinda weird?? Thanks.
Sending good wishes your way!

#2 Cheri

Cheri

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:15 PM

Hi Snowbird - I don't know if that is how it starts, but the same thing is happening to me. I keep looking at my toe to see if there's something there, but it looks just like the rest. I'll be interested to see if anybody else has had this. I even just bought a new pair of shoes thinking maybe that was the problem. Actually, I think I knew it wasn't, just an excuse tp buy a new pair of shoes. :)

Cheri

#3 peanut

peanut

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:39 PM

I too have tender toes, especially the underside of my big toe. I even went to a foot doctor who didn't find anything even with an x-ray. It feels like a nail is being hammered thru my toe - shooting pain in it. My non-doctor theory is scleroderma dissolves the pads on your toes which is protection. This might leave sensitive nerves open to exposure and when struck the wrong way might be super, super painful. I dunno if my thinking is good - all I know is that is it So painful. I have noticed it happens more on hard surfaced floors so I wear thick slippers all the time. Sometimes when I'm visiting other people I bring slippers with me just in case they have hardwood floors. I tell them its cause my feet get chilled easily - which is also true and they understand.

peanut

You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate
my HMO makes me wear a helmet...

#4 Cheri

Cheri

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:11 PM

Thanks, Peanut - that's what I was wondering because when it happened to my fingers it started out the same way. Only now with my fingers, you can tell just by looking at my finger pads. It's the bottom of my toe which would make sense. Did you lose the pads on your fingertips?