Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

In Loving Memory of Sherrill Knaggs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#21 Susannah

Susannah

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:43 PM

I was very sad and shocked to hear of Sherrills passing. I never spoke to her or emailed, but for me, just the fact that she was a fellow New Zealander meant alot, this disease seems so rare in this county ( I could be wrong, I just dont hear of anyone!). I was particularly encouraged to read her story and hear that some of her symptoms had lifted. Her hard work and dedication to this website are clearly seen and we all get to enjoy the benefits of that commitment - Thank you Sherrill and to her husband for his support - we are eternally grateful!
My thoughts are with her family right now at this most difficult time.
Susannah x

#22 miocean

miocean

Senior Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:22 AM

I can only echo what everyone else has already said. Sherrill was extremely helpful to me when I first joined the board. She wrote to me at length about kidney failure and made me feel less alone. I was dismayed to hear about her death. She was such an inspiration and so full of spirit. We will all miss her.
ISN Artist

#23 Kathi

Kathi

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:08 AM

I have not been online for a while, so imagine my surprise when one of the first posts I read is about Sherrill's passing.

I am so saddened by this news. I loved reading her posts and looking at the pictures she posted. She had a wonderful heart.

My condolences to her family and friends around the globe.

Kathi

#24 Shelley Ensz

Shelley Ensz

Root Administrator

• Topic Starter
  • ISN Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:42 PM

The nonprofit International Scleroderma Network thanks the following people for their donation in loving memory of Sherrill Knaggs, longtime ISN volunteer whose inspirational story was the centerpiece of the Voices of Scleroderma Volume 2 book, who passed away on 02-27-08. (Also see: Donations in Memory) Reposted 03/03/08.

Anonymous (1)

Gene & Shelley Ensz

Judith Devlin

Stephen Dickson

Carrie Maddoux

Pamela Roland

Joanne Wertz

Janey Willis
Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz
Founder and President
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

#25 emmie

emmie

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

Sherrill was a person to be admired. This disease ravaged her body, but she never let it ravage her spirit. My condolences to her family and friends.

Here's to Sherrill,

emmie

#26 kiwimum03

kiwimum03

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:35 PM

I have only just come on and read this thread about Sherrill's passing and like the rest of you I am totally devastated.

She was one of the first people to post and PM me when I first joined this site and she truly helped me in so many ways.

She also referred me to her Rheumatologist and for that I am forever grateful as that is where my treatment started.
She gave me wonderful advice, and even when she was so sick she always answered my messages with love and care.
My last message with her she told me how sick she had become and like Pam, I was amazed that she was so selfless to answer that last message from me, I will treasure her friendship and always draw strength from her courage, she was an amazing woman, and my heart goes out to her husband.

Hugs, tears and love.......I will miss you so much Sherrill.

Irene

#27 epasen

epasen

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:00 AM

This really stopped me. Made me to think.

She was a fighter and an inspiration. I really would want to be the kind of woman Sherrill was.

#28 CFMBabs

CFMBabs

Silver Member

• Bloggers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:50 AM

No! was the exasperating cry from my lips as I read the post on the message board.
I guess I've been a stranger to the board for too long -- writing blogs and not keeping up with news. I'm truly sorry to hear of Sherrill's passing and part of me cannot believe she's gone.
Having lost someone very close recently (Mum) I can fully empathise with her family and the pain they must be feeling. I hope she's in a special place where her pain will be no more. I'm sure she will be.

Heartfelt sorrow

Barbara Lowe

#29 Michelle2

Michelle2

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:28 AM

I too am very sorry and sad at the news of Sherrill passing. She was such an inspirations to many. She will be missed by all. My thoughts go to her family and friends.
Take care and stay warm,

Michelle

#30 Kiwi

Kiwi

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:21 PM

I was very shocked to hear about Sherrill. She was one of the first to write to me and it was a comfort knowing that she was in NZ also. I will miss her ..
Kiwi

Diagnosed 2006 - Diffuse Scleroderma
Skin and lung involvement

#31 LisaBulman

LisaBulman

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:51 AM

The nonprofit International Scleroderma Network thanks the following people for their donation in loving memory of Sherrill Knaggs, longtime ISN volunteer whose inspirational story was the centerpiece of the Voices of Scleroderma Volume 2 book, who passed away on 02-27-08. (Also see: Donate in Memory of Sherrill Knaggs and Donations in Memory) Reposted 03/04/08.

Anonymous (1)
Lisa Bulman
Stephen Dickson

This item was posted in the ISN Newsroom. Please check the newsroom daily for updates on scleroderma and other related articles.
Lisa Bulman
(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator
(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager
(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide
(Retired) ISN Fundraiser

#32 susie54

susie54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:52 AM

I was so shocked to hear of Sherrill . We had exchanged posts and she always inspired me. I will miss her so much and she has been quite an inspiration to me and everyone with scleroderma and related autoimmune diseases. Her art always showed her love of life. I am sad. Susie54

#33 LisaBulman

LisaBulman

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:36 AM

The nonprofit International Scleroderma Network thanks the following people for their donation in loving memory of Sherrill Knaggs, longtime ISN volunteer whose inspirational story was the centerpiece of the Voices of Scleroderma Volume 2 book, who passed away on 02-27-08. (Also see: Donate in Memory of Sherrill Knaggs and Donations in Memory) Reposted 03/10/08.

Margaret & Gareth Roof
Lisa Bulman
(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator
(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager
(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide
(Retired) ISN Fundraiser

#34 janeygirl

janeygirl

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

Hi All
I am sooo sorry to hear about the passing of sherrill, she was one of the first people to help me on here and made you feel welcome...

#35 Gizelle

Gizelle

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:05 PM

I couldn't believe it when I read the news about Sherrill. Like many of you, she also helped me a lot and gave me lots of encouragement.
She is someone I will never forget. Gizelle