Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

advice please!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 summer

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:57 PM

I got a copy of my PFT report today and it states on it the following:

Spiromtry is within normal limits. Gas transfer is mildly reduced. This would be consistent with lung parenchymal and /or pulmonary vascular dysfunction.

Does that mean I may have ILD or PH or both?

I am due to see my rheumatologist in a months time, cardiologist next week and for the first time Pulmonary doctor in two weeks time.

Many thanks for your input>

#2 JJ-Knitter

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:48 PM

Hi Celia,

It doesn't necessarily guarantee you have either or both, just that you may. And if you do, it sounds like you would be at a very early stage, which is exactly when you'd want to catch it.

As it happens I do have both, but the confirming diagnosis was only made when a chest CT showed the ILD and the bubble echo, regular echo, and then 'gold standard' - a right heart cath. - confirmed pulmonary hypertension.

The big important gotta-remember thing is that both of these complications are not always progressive and even if they are (over a long time, hopefully), treatments are improving all the time.

Best of luck to you! :D