Biomarker for Diffuse Scleroderma skin has been discovered!

Photo

Itching question!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 summer

summer

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:42 PM

Hello everyone,
I have just read a reply to a post about itching. I know that a lot of us experience this, but, does your skin start to harden after the itching starts?.
I have been itching terribly for a few weeks now but I contribute mine to having eczema, I have red bumps sort of under the skin. I am rubbing on my thighs steroid cream twice daily to see if this helps some.

Many thanks
Celia

#2 TJ903

TJ903

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:14 AM

Celia,

I have total body involvement and for me, once the itching starts somewhere the skin starts to tighten afterwards. It's totally maddening to try and scratch everywhere. Just be careful not to damage your skin if you do scratch. We are sensative beings. My husband will take a soft brush to me and scratch where I cannot reach - which is basically everywhere. OOOOOHHHHHH! does it feel good! He is very careful to watch for any changes in my skin because I've had cancer twice in the past. So it works out for me.

I hope you can get some relief! TJ

#3 lizzie

lizzie

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:17 AM

Hi Celia, I have had itching on top of feet , lower legs and just one finger! This has been followed by a change in skin texture and tighter skin. Scratching feels so so good but I have found the more I scratch the itchier I get, so try not to but the tempation is sometimes too much!
lizzie

#4 Buttons

Buttons

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:47 AM

Like you I was diagnosed 07 with limited form & Fybromyalgia and I have been going through some dreadful itching on my hands, feet & upper back, the general practitioner gave me some cream to ease it but like you I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the skin hardening. My husband scratches were I cannot reach & yes it is lovely! My hands have also started to look a little puffy, in the mornings and evenings which seem to be the only time I actually have reasonably warm hands.

Hope you get some relief from your itchyness.
Take care
Jensue