Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Photo

Ulcers!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 summer

summer

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:56 PM

Hello everyone again,
I am full of questions this evening :D . I woke up a few days ago in the morning to a very sore little toe. I have examined the toe and can not really find where the soreness is coming from. I have a feeling it might be coming from under the nail. I have pressed all around the toe and it feels normal, but the slightest touch of the bed sheet or sock makes it feel very sore.
When I press on it though it feels normal, weird. There is no break in the skin anywhere, or any Calcinosis that I can see. It is also a normal colour.

I have not yet suffered from ulcers (touch wood), but am due to see my Cardiologist in a few days time to change my meds as Atenolol which I am taking is effecting my circulation.

If it is an ulcer, how long does it usually take to form?

Many thanks again
Celia

#2 nan

nan

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:52 AM

Celia,
My toes do that frequently. I think when I look down at them that they will be full of infection and nothing is there. I started doing that about a year and a half ago and haven't had any ulcers yet. My fingers also do it. It's really painful.
Take care,
Nan

#3 omaeva

omaeva

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hi Celia,

You're describing calcinosis from my point of view. I get my lumps like that I feel a soreness for a few days not sure where it's coming from, then it goes away and I forget all about it and then all of a sudden it's a huge lump. But that's just me. I don't remember how I got my ulcers, I've had two for years and just now getting treatment for them.

#4 truman

truman

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:16 AM

Don't need to reiterate my story again. Just keep constant vigil.

Linda
Tru

It is what it is...........

#5 Snowbird

Snowbird

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:12 PM

Hey Ced

I have had something like that happening for several months now too (since November)....not sure it it's the same as what you are describing because it doesn't seem to affect my nail at all. My big toe (on the top spreading as far as the big knuckle) feels really chaffed/sore when it touches anything, just like you describe = the sheets. socks, shoes, etc...it is really weird. It also looks identical to my other foot too every time I check. I can't see any physical changes at all...it's just sore when anything touches it. I wondered if it had to do with skin tightening? Mine seems to have settled down a little this past couple of weeks though...
Sending good wishes your way!

#6 truman

truman

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:31 PM

Please Snowbird:

That's how mind started. Keep a constant vigil!

Linda
Tru

It is what it is...........