Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Skin tightening

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LMS

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:12 AM

Hi All

I am experiencing a great deal of itching. I have noticed a change in texture on the tops of my feet. I am also noticing changes with my hands. Does tightening in the hands begin with individual fingers? My thumbs are beginning to feel tight. Also...I feel hard bumps underneath my skin near and on the joints on the palm side of my hand. Any thoughts as to what this maybe? ;) Thanks

#2 kellyA

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:15 AM

I have the same pronlems, my dr is sending me for physical therapy and paraffin wax treatments, I start next week....

#3 omaeva

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:52 AM

The hard bumps sound like calcinosis. Have any of them broken through the skin? I have a few that did and they used to ooze out a chalky white substance.

#4 lizzie

Senior Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:49 PM

Hi Loren, the way things happen re the skin tightening ( nd everything else) seem to so individual I don't think it possible to say what is the usual pattern of things. Having said that, the skin thickening did begin on just one of my fingers, andthe thicening on that one is still worse than on the others.
I agree with omaeva, that the bumps sound like calcinosis, I have just one small one on palm side of my finger - and dr confirms is calcinosis.