Do you want up to date information about Scleroderma? Check out our Medical pages at www.sclero.org for all your Scleroderma questions!

Seeing my lawyer tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sam

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:58 AM

Hello all! It's ben awhile since I really posted anything. I go see David tomorrow and I hope I have everything that I need. This time around I had a hard time filling out the paperwork. But I think I did the best that I could.

*Does anyone know if you can request a different judge for disability*
The reason why I'm asking is that the one I had her both times, she didn't make me feel like she wanted to hear my case. Especially the second time around.

I do know one thing I am not going to give up on trying to get disability. This is been going on since 2003 and its just dragging, which is ok I will be able to handle it. anyhoo, I have been having pains in my hands alot during the nightime. I still have pain from my neck on down the my lower back. My feet hurt to walk on them.

Well I'm gonna go for now. Take care all, Sam

#2 Guest_SADIE_*

• Guests

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:41 AM

Sam, I wish I could answer your question. I don't have any idea. I hope everything turns out for you! Hopefully you will soon feel better! My hands have been hurting too. Maybe it's the cold weather here in Ohio! It's good to see the snow melt!

#3 Annie N

Annie N

Senior Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

Oh Sam - I'm so sorry but I just know that if you keep trying you will get disability because you really deserve. You should ask your lawyer re: different judge.
And don't give up or let a judge intimidate you from trying for what you deserve.
Good luck!
Annie N.

#4 truman

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

I just had my case worker removed from my private long term disability case. He consistently lied, did not follow up, claimed checks went out to doctors and myself (never received and no documentation of checks cut).

I received an email today that he has been removed and my case is being re-reviewed by someone else. I finally received a check last Friday, that was due on 1/1/08.

Still waiting on the Permanent Disability Decision. Applied for that in December and haven't heard anything other than the initial contact.

It is what it is...........

#5 relicmom1

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:18 PM

Good luck tomorrow Sam, I know it's a long and aggravating process. Sometimes I think they just want to see how many hoops they can make us jump thru before they award us benefits. I applied in June of 2004 and didn't get approved until January 2006. I only had one hearing in front of a judge and my lawyer gave me the impression that she was pleased with whom we were assigned. My hearing was in Oct. 2005 and I received the approval in January 2006. Hang in there, don't give up!!! We all here are supporting you!!!!!!
Peace :)
Barbara aka relicmom1

#6 WestCoast1

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:25 PM

Hi there, boy I wish that I had an answer for you, but I do with you the BEST of luck...you deserve it!!!